- Frankfurt Airport is not far away from Darmstadt. You can use the “Air” bus directly from Terminal 1 and 2 to get to Darmstadt rather quickly. Upon arriving at Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof, proceed as outlined in the section “Via local transport”.
- Egelsbach Airfield (EDFE) is even closer to Darmstadt. It’s operated from 0800 local time to SS+30 Minutes (Or 2100LT, whichever comes first). You can use the S-Bahn S3 to get from Egelsbach to Darmstadt. After that, proceed as outlined in the section “Via local transport”. Refer to the AIP VFR Germany (Excerpts) to plan your approach in Egelsbach. When planning your flight, please take into account that an approach in Egelsbach is subject to visual flight rules (including NVFR). (Last time we checked: May 2013)
Travelling with Deutsche Bahn
- The nearest station is “Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof”. From there, you can reach our conference venue by foot.
Via local transport
- Schedules and route planning via www.rmv.de
- The nearest bus stop is „Hochschule Darmstadt“, which is approximately 400 meters away from the venue. The H-bus connects from Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof.
- Local transport “Zielnummer” for Downtown Darmstadt (needed when buying tickets): 4001.
- The venue can be reached by foot from Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof. (Approximate walking time: one zero (10) minutes)
Address for your navigation computer:
64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland
A vast number of (free!!! omg!!) parking spaces are available directly opposite the conference building. Please do not park your vehicle in front of the building!